Thursday, March 16, 2006

Check Check

1..2..3.. Is this thing on? I'm sure it is, but no one's listening! :) that's ok, I'm used to it; I'm a wife AND a mom!!!

We're getting ready to leave for Beatrice, NE tomorrow (well today!) for Brent's big race. I think he's nervous, because he was really short/crabby tonite, which is understandable since there is so much for all of us to do to get ready, plus we have major drama in our life right now.

We don't deal well with drama. I like to think I don't encourage it, but we must, because it feels like are constantly in the thick of things. Just everyone grow up, make your own decisions, be responsible and be happy for bloody sake! Fake it if you have to! Don't take things for granted and see the blessings you already have in life.

I can easily say this because I had an AWESOME day today and here's why:
all the bosses are out of town; at my morning job, the boss is gone till the end of the month - party!
had lunch with Cathy - she really knows how to make a person feel good! We got all excited and squealed about new scrapbook stuff and ate a yummo lunch. The key to life is to surround yourself with people like Cathy!
I went to Target, which is good enough, but I got stuff for the camper and it was all on sale! I got a super cute $70 blanket for only $17! I got all cheap stuff that we can leave in the camper, so whenever someone wants to use it; it's all ready to go.
Grocery shopping: hamburger is on sale! Stocked up and food savered it all. Perfect timing; we had completely depleated our stock.
I had spagetti=o's for supper ! :)

So, in summary: great day - lots of blessings ! Hope you have the same!!

Barb

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Cathy sounds like my kind of friend! And obviously, YOU must be like her too since you like her type! Awesome! Wishing I could hit the Target more often, as ours is an hour away. Sounds like it was a great day! Have fun at the race! good luck!

Sophia

12:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle W. said...

sounds like a great day! I like waht you say not to take things for granted. Even though we all know that we just need to be reminded because we do take so much for granted and not realize how lucky we all are. Hugs.

Michelle

4:24 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Sounds like fun! Enjoy yourself!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home